The Help Soldiers Rx Card will help you save on prescriptions at your Walmart, Sam's Club, and Neighborhood Market by Walmart pharmacies nationwide. Click on the button below to locate the pharmacy nearest you.
The Help Soldiers Rx Card is proud to be the top donor to the Walter Reed Society for the year 2012. During a ceremony held by the Board of Directors of the Walter Reed Society, we were honored to be presented with the Combat Medic Award in appreciation for our support to all our wounded warriors. We were also featured here in the Walter Reed Society Newsletter. Many thanks to everyone who participates in this program which provides help to our wounded hereos and their families during their greatest time of need.
The Help Soldiers Rx Card proudly Supports Our Troops by donating $1.00 that directly helps soldiers and their families every time you use your card to save on your prescriptions at your Walmart, Sam's Club, or Neighborhood Market by Walmart pharmacy.
Our St. Patty's Day fundraiser was a big SUCCESS! We raised over $13,000.00. The first monies will be used for a much needed wheelchair for Monika's daughter, Chrissy. We sincerely appreciate the generosity of those great folks who contributed to the above event. Next year's will be bigger!
Chrissy is 28 years old and was born with severe cerebral palsy. Her father was an Army Veteran and upon reading her story, you will understand why Help Soldiers will be earmarking a portion of the proceeds from the St. Patty's Day Party/Fundraiser to help this family. Click Here to read Chrissy's story and be sure to watch her 3 minute video below.
Help Soldiers, Inc. Proudly Introduces
Mission Statement - The objective of this program is to provide a one week, all-expense paid vacation, in Key West, Florida for military couples that have lost a child. The following lists some of the main aspects of our unique marketing strategy that is intended to finance a portion of the above program while helping businesses increase their customer base:
(1) There is a one-time marketing fee of $500.00 for a business to become a permanent "sponsor" of our program.
(2) There will be no more requests for money going forward.
(3) The business will receive a letter/email signed by myself as the founder along with General Blank, former Surgeon General of the Army, and Admiral Koenig who was the former Surgeon General of the Navy. This letter/email will a] thank the specific business for its involvement b] mention the importance of being part of bringing some happiness and positive memories to military couples that have endured the worst experience of all--the loss of their child c] encourage the business to forward this on to all of their employees, vendors, customers, and prospects since it is the best kind of P.R./Advertising possible; i.e. 3rd party endorsement. d] the letter encourages everyone to patronize this business when they have a need for its product/service.
(4) The business will receive a similar correspondence each time a new couple participates in the "Operation: Key West" experience. This concept will allow a company to continue to interact with customers/prospects in a totally non-commercial way that promotes the company's image rather than a specific product or service. A unique aspect to this program and one that we believe will result in more "good will" and customers to a company than any traditional, singular discount or coupon program could ever generate!
I have tried to create a unique marketing concept that is based on real people, real emotion, and [most of all] a long overdue acknowledgement of folks that have really sacrificed without asking for anything. My wife Kathy, my daughter Patty, and I have spent the last 10 years of our lives having the opportunity/privilege to meet and get to know many of these military families and the one thing that we learned along the way, is that they are the most appreciative people on earth.
In closing, this program is the McGonigle family's legacy that we want to share with those interested in being part of something that will really make a difference in the lives of deserving people by bringing a much needed commodity into their lives--happy memories.
Background Information on James McGonigle, Founder – Founder and CEO of Help Soldiers, Inc., a non-profit corporation that started approximately 10 years ago, whose sole purpose is to improve the quality of life for our wounded heroes and their families. (See Attachment #1)
How This Program Got Started – The idea originated on Christmas Day after returning home from Fort Belvoir where Help Soldiers sponsored a Christmas Dinner for those soldiers who were unable to go home for Christmas for whatever reason.
During this event, we were able to spend some quality time with Amy Altersitz, the USO individual in charge of events, and her combat veteran husband, Tom, who volunteers at the base. We heard part of their “story” which still remains with us. While Tom was serving in a combat area in Iraq several years ago, he learned that his 7 year old son had passed away. Hard to imagine the pain and helplessness being in a war half-way around the world and getting that crushing news!
We arranged to have lunch with Amy on our way home from Key West in February. We asked if she and her husband would allow us to “treat” them to a week in Key West. Her response was, and I quote, (a) “Are you serious?” (b) tears of joy/surprise and (c) “no one has ever done anything like that for us!” We took that as a “YES”!
Goal of “Operation: Key West” – To provide a week of fun, relaxation and intimacy to deserving military parents that have suffered the worst loss possible…their child. Today, 2 depressing statistics stand out: (a) there is a higher incidence of divorce among couples that have lost a child and (b) 22 veterans commit suicide every day in America. If our program could prevent just 1 of these sad events from taking place…we have won!
Partial List Of Benefits To A Company/Organization
Rarely in life does a situation present itself that combines a socially impactful program with a tremendous marketing opportunity. “Operation: Key West” was created to provide military parents, who have experienced the loss of a child, with an all-expense paid week in beautiful Key West, FL.
The following is a partial list of benefits derived by a company that decides to get involved with this program:
(1) Immediate image enhancement that has no “shelf life” limits. It actually
increases over time as more and more families are impacted.
(2) Local, regional and eventually national exposure of the most positive kind
possible for your company.
(3) All branches of the military will be made aware of your contribution which can
only help increase your credibility in the marketplace at the bare minimum.
(4) We, at Help Soldiers, would help announce your involvement in this program
and encourage everyone to patronize your business.
(5) Finally, having your company associated with a long overdue cause like this
one, can only bring good “Karma” to you and your company.
If you are interested in hearing more about this exciting project, please contact Jim McGonigle at (610) 322-1889 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
During the government shutdown, Help Soldiers, Inc. sponsored "Coast Guard Appreciation Day" together with American Legion Post 28 in Key West on February 2, 2019. The goal was to provide some fun, food and entertainment during the stressful times of dealing without a paycheck. It was a great day and very much appreciated by all the coast guard members and their family who were able to attend. Click below for photos and event flier.